Here we find the “Let’s Move” campaign to remove salt shakers from the schools.
Here is a state health directive to remove salt from the schools.
Food Services: The Department of Education adopted New Nutrition Standards for Idaho Schools (2009) and strongly encourages each School Food Authority (SFA) to adopt the standards. The standards are outlined below:
- Calories must be a minimum of 100% and a maximum of 110% of USDA calorie levels.
- Strive to eliminate foods containing added trans fats.
- Prohibit the use of deep fat frying as a food preparation method.
- Limit serving pre-fried, flash-fried or par-fried side items/components to no more than three times per week for breakfast and lunch and other items.
- Offer whole grains in all serving lines at least three times per week at breakfast and at least three times per week at lunch. For purchased foods, the whole grain must be listed…
View original post 432 more words