“….Dedicated to a common development theme, the institutional buildings were of a modified colonial style, built of red brick and attractively accented. Constructed largely in the early 1930’s, the 2 and 3 story buildings ranged in size of 15,000 to more than 200,000 square feet, and every building being fireproof throughout. Some later constructed buildings were built during the 1940’s and 1950’s. On the surface, a circular network of roads connected the buildings, but underground a vast network of concrete tunnels, enabled unseen movement of hospital patients, workers and even deceased patient corpses, between hospital buildings. Since the State’s 1996 closure of Fairfield Hills State Hospital, the Town of Newtown has purchased the closed facility with 189 acres of land from the State of Connecticut. For more info please see http://www.fairfieldhills.com”
Starting From the Right arrow, is an ex Mental Institution bought by Newtown. It has a VAST underground of tunnels. The second from right arrow indicates an empty building .. a possible entrance from ground. Third arrow from right is Sandy Hook Elementary.