OPERATION MOUNTAIN GUARDIAN: DENVER TERROR DRILL TODAY – INVOLVES 81 DIFFERENT AGENCIES
September 23, 2011
Since New World Order Report is based out of Denver, Colorado, we here are all being sent emails and newsletters about an upcoming event that seems to have spawned an endless sea of conspiracy theories. To fill everyone in on what all the buzz is about, it has to do with 2 primary issues. The first being that most governments have requested that specific day off from work, and the President of the USA will be in Denver, specifically @ DIA. Congress in recess, British Parliament is Off, British Royals have Nothing scheduled, UN is even off (allegedly through the rumor mills online), even the Pope has asked for “vacation”, Russian Congress/Duma is Off.
Denver International Airport is home to a well known underground military installation that I talked about on the Tom Martino Show just the other day, which you can have a listen to here:
The 2nd issue at hand is that on Tuesday, 9/27/11, although some online reports place this drill for TODAY, Friday, September 23, so be on the lookout and the drill is a terrorism-based, full-scale emergency exercise will also take place in multiple locations around the Denver Metro area. The exercise will involve first responders from 81 different agencies, will be conducted at ten separate locations, and will include loud noises, simulated weapons, smoke, emergency vehicles and other equipment that will be audible and visible throughout the day. Two of the locations are Park Meadows Mall and Sky Ridge Medical Center so don’t be alarmed if you see a lot of activity in these locations.
I want to make 1 thing clear 1st, there are drills like this all the time, almost every week, and its been like this for years. It doesn’t mean anything other than that you should always be prepared anyway, if you understand preparedness and the intelligence behind the 1st rule of boy-scouts, then you should be fine. Don’t be paranoid and don’t let things get to you, but you should always be prepared for anything and everything. We live in a world where anything can happen, even the total destruction and catastrophic is possible, so don’t think about it all day and night, be ready for it and move on in your life. Don’t let it eat you up, just be prepared for it and continue.
This drill in Denver is specifically peculiar because I have not seen the President specifically mobilized for any event or drill, so it caught my attention.
The drill is being called:
Defcon 1 Cocked Pistol
THE US ARMED FORCES WILL BE RUNNING A DEFCON 1- COCKED PISTOL – MAXIMUM READINESS ALERT DRILL ON SEPTEMBER 27TH. Now, as many of you know Obama and Top NASA Officials will be in Denver on this Date.
Here’s where it gets Weird.
Operation Mountain Guardian is a terrorism-based, full-scale emergency exercise scheduled to take place in numerous locations in the Denver metro area on Friday, September 23, 2011.
The exercise will involve first responders from 81 different agencies**, will be conducted at ten separate locations and will include loud noises, simulated weapons, smoke, emergency vehicles and other equipment that will be audible and visible throughout the day.
The purpose of this advisory is to provide information that can be disseminated to the public ahead of time to avoid confusion or concern on exercise day, as well as to invite media coverage of the event.
- Operation Mountain Guardian will be held at the following locations throughout the Denver Metropolitan area:
- Park Meadows Mall
- Smedley Elementary School
- Denver Union Station
- Community College of Aurora (Lowry Campus)
- Denver International Airport
- Sky Ridge Medical Center
- Denver Health Medical Center
- University of Colorado Hospital
- Catholic Charities (NW Denver)
- Sports Authority Field at Mile High
- A Public Information Officer will be available at each primary location to coordinate safe access for media representatives and provide information. A Denver Joint Information Center PIO will also be available at 720-865-7695.
- MEDIA: Please contact the Joint Information Center or on site PIO for inquiries related to this exercise (not individual agencies). Media inquiries not associated with this event should continue to be directed to the appropriate agency.
- The exercise has been designed as a learning event for regional first responders to test their capabilities in a scenario that will involve a terrorist-driven catastrophic situation. Exercise play will occur at the four primary sites and DIA. Catholic Charities and Sports Authority Field at Mile High will participate in an administrative fashion to test student/teacher processing activities. Sky Ridge Medical Center, Denver Health Medical Center, and University of Colorado Hospital will participate for the purpose of testing medical surge capabilities and communicating within Incident Command.
- The exercise is scheduled to begin at 0500 hours and end by 1630 hours.
NEWS ADVISORY: Operation Mountain Guardian (continued)
- Operation Mountain Guardian is a terrorism-based full-scale exercise sponsored by the North Central All-Hazards Emergency Management Region, Denver Urban Area Security Initiative, and Front Range Metropolitan Medical Response System. The exercise is a Homeland Security Grant funded event made possible due to grant funding from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) through FEMA Region VIII and the State of Colorado Governor’s Office of Homeland Security.
- The North Central All-Hazards Emergency Management Region is one of nine emergency preparedness and response Regions within the State of Colorado. The North Central Region (NCR) is organized around ten counties: Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Elbert, Gilpin and Jefferson.
- One purpose of the NCR is to improve Region-wide emergency preparedness, response and homeland security capabilities through coordinated planning, training and exercise efforts. This exercise is evidence of the growing public safety partnership between regional emergency response agencies.
- Operation Mountain Guardian is part of a Regional Training and Exercise Plan established in 2009. Planning for Operation Mountain Guardian began in January 2010 and has included several building-block events designed to prepare responders to effectively participate in the full-scale exercise.
- The overall Operation Mountain Guardian exercise objectives are:
1. Communications: Assess the ability to establish and maintain multi-agency and multi-jurisdictional communications in response to a terrorism incident.
2. Hazmat Response and Decontamination: Evaluate the capability to coordinate multiple hazmat response teams and assess their ability to perform initial response actions.
3. Public Safety & Security Response: Evaluate the ability to establish scene security and crime scene preservation, coordinate a multi-jurisdictional response, and manage intelligence information in order to mitigate the effects of the event.
4. Explosive Device Response Operations: Evaluate the capability to manage and coordinate explosive device response operations using regional bomb squad teams.
5. Onsite Incident Management: Evaluate the ability to implement the Incident Command System (ICS) and establish multi-jurisdictional command and control.
6. Triage and Pre-Hospital Treatment: Examine the ability of EMS to provide effective pre-hospital emergency medical care in response to a terrorism incident.
7. Medical Surge: Evaluate medical surge capability at area hospitals.
- While Operation Mountain Guardian is primarily a Homeland Security Grant funded exercise, the event will also rely heavily on local government emergency response agencies, military organizations, volunteer organizations as well as local charitable organizations.
**The following agencies are expected to participate:
84th Civil Support Team
Golden Police Department
Greenwood Village Police Department
Adams County Office of Emergency Management
Jefferson County Office of Emergency Management
Adams County Sheriff’s Office
Jefferson County Public Health
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
American Medical Response
Lafayette Fire Dept
Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office
Lakewood Police Department
Arvada Fire Department
Larkspur Fire Department
Arvada Police Department
Littleton Fire Department
Aurora Fire Department
Littleton Police Department
Lone Tree Police Department
Aurora Office of Emergency Management
Aurora Police Department
Longmont Police Department
Aurora Public Safety Communications
Louisville Fire Department
Boulder County Sheriff’s Office
Louisville Police Department
Boulder Fire Department
Metropolitan Area Communications Center
Boulder Police Department
Mountain View Fire Dept
Brighton Fire Protection District
National Disaster Medical System
Brighton Police Department
North Central Region
Broomfield Police Department
North Metro Fire Rescue District
Buckley AFB Fire Department
North Washington Fire
Castle Rock Fire Department
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
Northglenn Police Department
Colorado Division of Emergency Management
Office of Bombing Prevention
Colorado Information Analysis Center
Park Meadows Mall
Colorado Office of Information Technology
Parker Police Department
Community College of Aurora
Platte Valley Medical Center
Cunningham Fire Protection District
Porter Adventist Hospital
Presbyterian St. Luke’s Hospital
Denver Electronic Engineering Bureau
Regional Transportation District
Denver Fire Department
Rural Metro Ambulance
Denver Health & Hospital Authority
Sable Altura Fire Department
Denver Health Paramedic Division
Denver International Airport
Sheridan Police Department
Sky Ridge Medical Center
Denver Office of Emergency Management
South Adams County Fire
Denver Parks & Recreation
South Metro Fire Rescue Authority
Denver Police Department
St. Anthony’s Hospital
Denver Public Schools
St. Anthony Summit Medical Center
Denver Sheriff’s Department
St. Joseph Hospital
Swedish Medical Center
Douglas County Office of Emergency Management
Thornton Fire Department
Douglas County Sheriff’s Office
Thornton Police Department
Tri-County Health Department
Englewood Police Department
University of Colorado Hospital
Environmental Protection Agency
West Metro Fire Department
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Federal Protective Service
Westminster Police Department
Franktown Fire Department
Wheat Ridge Fire Department
Wheat Ridge Police Department